Effective Date: September 1, 2021
Last Updated: January 13, 2022
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you contact us or interact with our Service we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
- Account Data: When you sign up, information such as your username, email address, and mobile phone number, is required to create an account on our service.
- Additional Information: To help improve your experience you may enable or opt to use certain features of the Service, thereby providing us with additional information, such as, but not limited to, statistics on your dog park visiting history, profile picture, reviews, ratings and photographs of dog parks.
- Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Service: When you visit, use, interact and register with the Service, we may automatically receive certain information about your visit, use, interactions or registration. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site or our App, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site or App, the domains our visitors come from (e.g.; google.com, yahoo.com, bing.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site- and DogPack App-navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site or the App. Log data includes your IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site or the App.
- Device Data: Includes the name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings. We may also collect data from your device to estimate a variety of metrics like the time, frequency and duration of your activities for the purpose of calculating your Usage and Activity Data.
- Usage and Activity Data: We collect information about how you use our Site and App, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. Using this information allows us to accurately reward users with “Badges” and “Treats”. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for a full description of “Badges” and “Treats”.
- Geolocation Data: If you have enabled location services for DogPack App on your mobile device, we may collect your precise location information based on city, state, province, territory, zip code, country, latitude and longitude. We may also derive your approximate location from the IP address of your computer or mobile device. Geolocation data is used for purposes of directing you and checking you in-to and out-of dog parks and offering other relevant content and services.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data to enable your use of our Service, including to create your account, identify, and direct you to dog parks, and give you customer support. We also use Personal Data as necessary for the following legitimate business interests:
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions.
- To manage our relationship with you, which includes sending administrative information to you relating to our Service and changes to our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policies and other policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
- To enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our users. When you allow us to collect precise location information, we use that information to provide essential features of the Service such as rewarding “Badges” and “Treats”, and checking in-to and out-of of dog parks.
- To administer and protect DogPack, the Site and the App. To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of DogPack, the Site or the App. To ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, support and hosting of data); and
- To comply with legal obligations, legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties, and enforce our terms and policies.
For information about what we mean by legitimate interests and the rights of individuals in the European Union (“EU”), please see the “EU Users” section below.
Marketing. We may contact you to provide information we believe will be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email address, we may use that information to send you promotional information regarding DogPack. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Site and Services and to respond to your requests.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Privacy Rights: Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- To know the categories of Personal Data that DogPack has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Data, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Data was collected.
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Data that DogPack has collected about you.
- To know whether DogPack has disclosed your Personal Data for business purposes, the categories of Personal Data so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data
- To have DogPack, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Data; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these CCPA rights.
DogPack does not sell your Personal Data. If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by contacting email@example.com. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner. Once we receive your request, we will verify your identity by sending an email to the email address you provide to us. If you have questions about your rights or our disclosures under the CCPA, or to request access to an alternative format of this notice, you may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with service providers, including hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; email communication software providers and email newsletter providers; database and sales services; customer relationship management, customer engagement, and customer feedback services; security services; and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with legal or regulatory obligations, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site and/or App, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- EU USERS
- Scope: This section applies to individuals in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, the United Kingdom, and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland).
- Data Controller: DogPack is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data. You can find our contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Your Rights. Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data, under certain circumstances:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may charge a fee, based on the circumstances.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we share your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. We will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly, in cases where it is legally permitted to do so.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we share your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. We will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly, in cases where it is legally permitted to do so.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we share your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. We will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly, in cases where it is legally permitted to do so.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
- Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
You use the Service at your own risk. We comply with industry standards to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Please keep in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to DogPack via the internet that no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
Users who elect to disclose their location with DogPack agree to the following:
- DogPack has permission to send notifications to the Users Pack members upon the Users Checking-in to a park, on condition that the User and the Pack member both Follow said park. Users can opt out of this function while leaving their location services for DogPack turned on by disabling the “Check-In notification” found in the ‘Account & Info’ section of the DogPack app.
- DogPack has permission to disclose your distance relative to a User using the Search tab. Please note that DogPack will never disclose your exact location, only an approximate distance (in Km).
- YOUR CHOICES
Whether or not you provide Personal Data to us is based solely on your own discretion, but if you choose not to provide information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request access to your data or to ask us to update, correct, or delete your Personal Data.
- CONTACT US