Effective Date: September 1, 2021
Last Updated: June 29, 2023
Terms and Conditions
You (‘the User’) are responsible for maintaining the security of your DogPack (known as “App”, “Service”) account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account and any other actions taken in connection with your account. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information, including your contact information for notices and other communications from DogPack. When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the termination of your account on the Service, at the discretion of DogPack. You may not use false or misleading information in connection to your account, or misuse the name or reputation of others, and DogPack may change or remove any information that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to expose DogPack to claims of third parties. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you have provided to us. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Any User wishing to delete their Account should contact DogPack by sending an email to [email protected] or by using the “Delete Account” feature in the App.
Please note that once an Account is deleted, all information & content of the User’s Account will be removed from the App and will not be recoverable.
2. Responsibility of Users of the App
When accessing or using the App, you agree to behave in a civil and respectful manner at all times. We specifically prohibit any use of the App, and you agree not to use the App, for any of the following:
• Engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, provincial, territorial, national or international law or regulation.
• Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to use it.
• Advertising the sale of dogs.
• Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another.
• Posting links to fundraisers or any other form of solicitation for monetary contributions within the app. Note: Please contact admin for special permission to post once if it's related to your own dog(s).
• Attempting to interfere in any way with the App, or our networks or network security, or attempting to use our App to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system or mobile device.
• In addition, if you operate an account, contribute to an account, post material to the App, post links on the App, or otherwise make material available by means of the App (any such material, "Content"), you are solely responsible for the content of, and any harm and damages resulting from that Content. DogPack will remove Content that is judged by us to be obscene, libelous, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, or that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any third party. You agree that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users on the App. Any such content will be removed from the App and the violating User’s account will be terminated immediately at DogPack's discretion, with no recompense of treats or availability to restore saved information on User's profile.
• You are responsible for visiting Dog Parks, Dog Friendly Areas, or Dog Runs, only during opening hours. It is your responsibility to check the opening hours of each location you visit. The User is responsible for keeping their dog on a leash in Dog Parks where it is required to do so. DogPack will not be responsible for any fines or penalties incurred due to you being in the Dog Park legally or illegally.
• If you delete Content, DogPack will make a reasonable effort to remove it from the App and our servers, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made unavailable to the public immediately.
• You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your device from viruses and other harmful or destructive content. DogPack shall take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of harmful content from its technology systems to your technology systems. DogPack disclaims any liability for any harm or damages resulting from your access or use of the App or website.
• Please be aware that it is strictly against our terms and conditions to contact other Users with the intention of meeting or chatting on other platforms outside of this App. We emphasize the importance of your safety and well-being and remind you to exercise caution when interacting with others. As a User, it is your responsibility to protect yourself and make informed decisions. We do not assume any liability or responsibility for any consequences that may arise from external interactions or activities conducted outside of this platform. If you come across a suspicious User on the app, please help keep the community safe by reporting them to us immediately.
• DogPack Users agree to create only one Account. Should DogPack become aware of “fake”, “spam”, or “troll” accounts created for the purpose of earning “Badges” & “Treats”, disrupting other Users, or any other activity deemed as unjustified, DogPack will delete the Account without any notice to the User. Users are encouraged to report suspicious accounts to DogPack to keep the community safe.
3. Copyright Infringement
4. The Store
Items listed in The Store are subject to availability. Items are available to be shipped only to the locations specified in the store listing. All items in The Store ship free of charge and may take several weeks to arrive at the User's address. The ‘Quantity Remaining’ displayed is for informational purposes only and does not guarantee that any quantity will remain by the time the User and the ‘Store Owner’ (a third party not affiliated with DogPack in any way besides for agreeing to participate in ‘The Store’) have confirmed shipping details. In the event that a ‘Store Owner’ does not fulfill their agreed upon obligation as agreed upon with DogPack, and fails to supply items to the User in a reasonable amount of time, the User will be fully refunded all “Treats” (“Treats” are earned by the User as they continue to use the App) they have spent redeeming the item. DogPack reserves the right to change “Prices” (priced in Treats) in The Store at any time.
Users who exchange their Treats for a raffle ticket are entered into the raffle and the winner is chosen at random. Users may purchase more than one raffle ticket per raffle. Users who do not win the raffle are not refunded their Treats.
If a User redeems their Treats in exchange for any Dog food product, please take the correct steps in ensuring the product is right for your dog. DogPack is not responsible for any food poisoning or injury a dog may receive from products featured on our “Store”.
Please note that for Badges which are earned through visits to Dog Parks, the User will only receive a badge (and its corresponding treats) if they spent a minimum of five (5) minutes checked-in to the Dog Park.
5. Lost Dogs
DogPack offers a free feature for users who wish to notify other users in their area about a missing pet. The feature includes an in-app notification that will be sent out to all users within 6 miles (10 KM's). The feature can also be accessed from the website at https://www.dogpackapp.com/lost-dog
DogPack does not incur the responsibility of finding a user's lost pet. DogPack only agrees to provide a service for users which can aid in finding a lost pet.
DogPack users agree that posts regarding lost dogs cannot be published on the Global Feed. Posts on the Global Feed deemed to be regarding a lost dog will be removed.
Any public contact information a user releases (e.g. telephone number, email address) when posting their lost pet is public and can be seen by all. DogPack advises users to take precautions and only share information that they deem necessary.
6. Location Tracking
To get the most out of the App, it is recommended that you allow the App to use your current location. This will enable the ‘Auto Check-in’ and ‘Auto Check-out’ functionality to work as designed and give you the best experience on the App. DogPack will never share a User's location or data of any kind, with anyone.
In order to get the most out of the App, it is recommended that you allow the App to send you notifications. You can easily opt out of this at any time by clicking the Home button > Settings > Notifications in the App. You can also manage notifications for the app through the built-in 'Settings' on your device.
By creating an Account on our service, you agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
9. Business Pins
DogPack offers businesses the opportunity to list their business on the DogPack App map. This service can be purchased through the DogPackApp.com website. DogPack offers 4 recurring plans for businesses; Monthly Plan, 6 Month Plan, Annual Plan, and Custom Plans for businesses with multiple locations. Payments for the recurring plans are made at the start of each billing cycle.
If you purchase a subscription through dogpackapp.com, your account will be renewed in accordance with the terms agreed upon the purchasing of said subscription until you terminate it with the guidelines set forth below.
DogPack may manage, regulate, control, modify, or eliminate your business pin at any time, with or without notice if deemed necessary. Purchasers of the Business Pins service can request of DogPack to remove their pins from the DogPack App map at any time with the understanding that this does not warrant a refund (See Section 11: Refunds)
By using the DogPack mobile application or DogPack website, you acknowledge and agree that any contact or interaction with businesses listed on DogPack is entirely at your own discretion and risk. DogPack does not assume any responsibility for any harm, damages, losses, or liabilities that may arise as a result of engaging with these businesses.
Furthermore, businesses choosing to list their services on DogPack should understand and accept that accepting clients from the App may also carry inherent risks. DogPack shall not be held liable for any harm, damages, losses, or liabilities incurred by businesses due to their decision to engage with clients sourced through the App.
While DogPack aims to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the businesses listed, we do not guarantee the quality, safety, or reliability of these businesses. Users are encouraged to exercise their own judgment, conduct due diligence, and take necessary precautions before engaging in any transactions or interactions with these businesses.
It is important to note that DogPack does not endorse or have any control over the actions, policies, or practices of the businesses listed on the App. Any disputes, claims, or issues arising from such interactions are solely between the user and the respective business, and DogPack shall not be held responsible or liable for any such matters.
10. Payment Processors
In the event that DogPack decides to suspend or terminate your use of the Business Pins service or voluntarily request your pins from the map to be removed, you understand and agree that you will receive no refund or exchange of any kind.
Purchasers of Business Pins who have their subscription renewed agree that pro-rated refunds will only be given to those who request to cancel their subscription within seven (7) days of being renewed for the Business Pins service.