Effective Date: September 1, 2021
Last Updated: February 14, 2024
Terms and Conditions
You (‘the User’) are responsible for maintaining the security of your DogPack (known as “App”, “Service”) account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account and any other actions taken in connection with your account. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information, including your contact information for notices and other communications from DogPack. When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the termination of your account on the Service, at the discretion of DogPack. You may not use false or misleading information in connection to your account, or misuse the name or reputation of others, and DogPack may change or remove any information that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to expose DogPack to claims of third parties. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you have provided to us. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Any User wishing to delete their Account should contact DogPack by sending an email to [email protected] or by using the “Delete Account” feature in the App.
Please note that once an Account is deleted, all information & content of the User’s Account will be removed from the App and will not be recoverable.
2. Responsibility of Users of the App
When accessing or using the App, you agree to behave in a civil and respectful manner at all times. We specifically prohibit any use of the App, and you agree not to use the App, for any of the following:
• Engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, provincial, territorial, national or international law or regulation.
• Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to use it.
• Advertising the sale of dogs.
• Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another.
• Posting links to fundraisers or any other form of solicitation for monetary contributions within the app.
• Attempting to interfere in any way with the App, or our networks or network security, or attempting to use our App to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system or mobile device.
• In addition, if you operate an account, contribute to an account, post material to the App, post links on the App, or otherwise make material available by means of the App (any such material, "Content"), you are solely responsible for the content of, and any harm and damages resulting from that Content. DogPack will remove Content that is judged by us to be obscene, libelous, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, or that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any third party. You agree that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users on the App. Any such content will be removed from the App and the violating User’s account will be terminated immediately at DogPack's discretion, with no recompense of Treats or availability to restore saved information on User's profile.
• You are responsible for visiting Dog Parks (or Dog Runs), whether they are designated as “Official” or “Dog Friendly Area” in the App, only during opening hours. It is your responsibility to check the opening hours of each Dog Park or Dog Friendly Area. The User is responsible for keeping their dog on a leash in Dog Parks and Dog Friendly Areas where it is required to do so. DogPack will not be responsible for any fines or penalties incurred due to you being in the Park or Area legally or illegally.
• If you delete Content, DogPack will make a reasonable effort to remove it from the App and our servers, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made unavailable to the public immediately.
• You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your device from viruses and other harmful or destructive content. DogPack shall take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of harmful content from its technology systems to your technology systems. DogPack disclaims any liability for any harm or damages resulting from your access or use of the App or website.
• DogPack Users agree to creating only one Account. Should DogPack become aware of “fake”, “spam”, or “troll” accounts created for the purpose of earning “Badges” & “Treats”, disrupting other Users or any other activity deemed as unjustified, DogPack will delete the Account without any notice to the User. Users are encouraged to report suspicious accounts to DogPack to keep the community safe.
3. Copyright Infringement
4. Gift Cards & Giveaways
Items listed in The "Gift Cards & Giveaways" are subject to availability. Items are available to be shipped only to the locations specified in the store listing. All items in The "Gift Cards & Giveaways" section ship free of charge and may take several weeks to arrive at the User's address. The ‘Quantity Remaining’ displayed is for informational purposes only and does not guarantee that any quantity will remain by the time the User and the ‘Store Owner’ (a third party not affiliated with DogPack in any way besides for agreeing to participate in ‘Gift Cards & Giveaways’) have confirmed shipping details. In the event that a ‘Store Owner’ does not fulfill their agreed upon obligation as agreed upon with DogPack, and fails to supply items to the User in a reasonable amount of time, the User will be fully refunded all “Treats” (“Treats” are earned by the User as they continue to use the App) they have spent redeeming the item. DogPack reserves the right to change “Prices” (priced in Treats) in the "Gift Cards & Giveaways" section at any time.
Users who exchange their Treats for a raffle ticket are entered into the raffle and the winner is chosen at random. Users may purchase more than one raffle ticket per raffle. Users who do not win the raffle are not refunded their Treats.
If a User redeems their Treats in exchange for any Dog food product, please take the correct steps in ensuring the product is right for your dog. DogPack is not responsible for any food poisoning or injury a dog may receive from products featured in our “Gift Cards and Giveaways” section.
Please note that for Badges which are earned through visits to Dog Parks and Dog Friendly Areas, the User will only receive a badge (and its corresponding treats) if they spent a minimum of five (5) minutes checked-in to the location.
5. Lost Dogs
DogPack offers a feature for users who wish to notify other users in their area about a missing pet. The feature includes a notification that will be sent out to all users within ten (10) kilometers of the location the dog was last seen (as provided to DogPack by the user).
DogPack does not incur the responsibility of finding a user's lost pet. DogPack only agrees to provide a service for users which can aid in finding a lost pet.
DogPack reserves the right to not send a notification if a post on the Lost Dog Feed is deemed to be inappropriate, irrelevant or spam.
DogPack users agree that posts regarding lost dogs can not be published on the Global Feed. Posts on the Global Feed deemed to be regarding a lost dog will be removed.
Any public contact information a user releases (e.g. telephone number, email address) when posting their lost pet is public and can be seen by all. DogPack advises users to take precautions and only share information that they deem necessary.
6. Location Tracking
To get the most out of the App, it is recommended that you allow the App to use your current location. This will enable the ‘Auto Check-in’ and ‘Auto Check-out’ functionality to work as designed and give you the best experience on the App. DogPack will never share a User's location or data of any kind, with anyone.
In order to get the most out of the App, it is recommended that you allow the App to send you notifications. You can also customize the notifications you want to receive from DogPack through the Settings tab of the App or through the built-in settings page on your device.
By creating an Account on our service, you agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
9. Business Pins
DogPack offers businesses the opportunity to list their business on the DogPack App map. As of February 13, 2024, this service is free and can be taken advantage of through the DogPackApp.com website.
If you purchased a subscription for a business pin prior to February 13, 2024, your recurring subscription payments will be cancelled and your business will continue to list on DogPack App at no added charge.
DogPack may manage, regulate, control, modify, or eliminate your business pin at any time, with or without notice if deemed necessary. Purchasers of the Business Pins service can request of DogPack to remove their pins from the DogPack App map at any time.
By using the DogPack mobile application or DogPack website, you acknowledge and agree that any contact or interaction with businesses listed on DogPack is entirely at your own discretion and risk. DogPack does not assume any responsibility for any harm, damages, losses, or liabilities that may arise as a result of engaging with these businesses.
Furthermore, businesses choosing to list their services on DogPack should understand and accept that accepting clients from the App may also carry inherent risks. DogPack shall not be held liable for any harm, damages, losses, or liabilities incurred by businesses due to their decision to engage with clients sourced through the App.
While DogPack aims to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the businesses listed, we do not guarantee the quality, safety, or reliability of these businesses. Users are encouraged to exercise their own judgement, conduct due diligence, and take necessary precautions before engaging in any transactions or interactions with these businesses.
It is important to note that DogPack does not endorse or have any control over the actions, policies, or practices of the businesses listed on the App. Any disputes, claims, or issues arising from such interactions are solely between the user and the respective business, and DogPack shall not be held responsible or liable for any such matters.